Saturday, October 1, 2011

AFNIC Magazine: Interview with .FR's 2 millionth domain name registrant

I shamelessly lifted this from AFNIC's 25th anniversary magazine. Angélique Azzati was the two millionth registrant of a .Fr domain name. Read about her encounter with luck. Quite an interesting story!!
Angélique Azzati
"THE .FR WAS AN OBVIOUS CHOICE."
Angélique Azzati, owner of the 2 millionth .fr Angélique Azzati is a 30-year-old nail stylist who comes to your home. She decided to start up a website for her young business and to serve as a showcase and a point of contact for her future customers. She therefore decided to register the domain name manucuresaint-maur.fr with her registrar 1&1 Internet AG on 14 April 2011. At the time, Angélique was far from imagining
that she was actually registering the 2,000,000th domain name in .fr! Enjoy this interview with a self-employed businesswoman in tune with her times.

ANGÉLIQUE, WHY DID YOU CHOOSE TO REGISTER THE DOMAIN NAME FOR YOUR COMPANY’S WEBSITE UNDER THE .FR EXTENSION?
The .fr extension was an obvious choice for me! It represents France, so that means easy to access and
local presence for my customers. My business is very local since I provide manicures at home in the town of Saint Maur (94) and the surrounding region. This is also what dictated the choice of terms in the actual domain name. To maximize the chances of my website being optimised for search engines, I needed a name that described my activity and my town. So it was only natural to choose .fr to underline my activity.

Angélique's l'élégante website
YOU ARE THE HAPPY OWNER OF THE 2,000,000TH .FR DOMAIN NAME IN .FR SINCE THE EXTENSION'S INCEPTION IN 1986. WHAT IMPACT HAS IT HAD ON YOUR BUSINESS?

A few days after registering, AFNIC contacted me and published a press release to celebrate the milestone of 2,000,000 .fr domain names. The press release about my domain name was taken up by several websites like lefigaro.fr! That created such a buzz that there were even articles about the advertising boost I benefited from!

DID THIS BUZZ BRING YOU VISITS?
There were a lot of visits, yes! You’ll laugh but the buzz was so big that I even received enquiries from customers in other regions!

WAS YOUR WEBSITE READY AT THE TIME OF THE BUZZ?
Yes, fortunately! I started to work on the layout of my website with a designer 5 months before registering
manucure-saint-maur.fr. I am rather a perfectionist and I wanted to take my time. I had a very clear idea
of the image I wanted to give my business and the colours that should be used. I don’t like to copy others; my strategy was to really stand out from the home manicure websites that already existed. I am self-employed and I don’t have a salon so this website is the principal showcase for my activity. It had to create a desire among the most demanding of my future customers and it had to really reflect my philosophy. I am always on the look-out for new trends! For example, I only use gel to paint my customers’ nails  varnish is old-fashioned!

WHAT OTHER MEANS DO YOU USE TO ATTRACT NEW CUSTOMERS TO YOUR .FR WEBSITE?
I started by printing calling cards and flyers as well as putting ads on websites like leboncoin.fr. I also created a Facebook page (Beauty Ange'l Paradise) to maintain close ties with my most loyal customers and let them be the first to hear my news. It’s simple; all these aids redirect people to my domain name manucure-saint-maur.fr ! I also managed to get some word-of-mouth going via my friends! That’s important when you start out. I can tell you that having a domain name that’s easy to remember really simplifies things! Beauty Ange’l Paradise http://www.manucure-saint-maur.fr

Email Us africadomainnames@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment