Friday, December 9, 2011

Yahoo.co.za : Now South Africans have their Yahoo!

Yahoo! is now playing catch up game with Google in Africa. Yahoo! has launched of a new Yahoo! homepage, new Yahoo! Mail and a new Yahoo! News offering for South Africa. The homepage contains mostly South African news, weather although most links are still very much US content. many South Africans consider this too little too late as Yahoo had ignored a key market for too long.

There are 2.6 million Yahoo users in South Africa currently. I have 5 email addresses but I opened my first Yahoo email address in 2003, when I was 18 years old and just finishing high school. So I have stuck to my Yahoo email but the quality and variety that I get from Google is unbeatable.

I hope Kenya will follow with a local Yahoo version, a Yahoo.co.ke. I'm tired of reading very US-centric news on my Yahoo Homepage on a daily basis .

Read more

Work can be republished with attribution. Email Us africadomainnames@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment